CALL FOR PROPOSALS
Featured Image: Meghan Holmes
Request for Proposals | 2021-22
Thomasville Center for the Arts is currently seeking exhibition proposals for the 2021-22 season. We invite curators, artists, collectives, and thinkers of all kinds to submit preliminary ideas for thought-provoking exhibitions to be exhibited in our multi-disciplinary art venue. Exhibitions may last from 3 to 4 months. Letters of inquiry (LOI) are due by July 31, 2021, and those of interest will be invited to submit a full proposal. Selected exhibitions will be scheduled between September 2021 – June 2022.
Thomasville Center for the Arts provides signage, labels, opening reception, marketing, and artist housing for the exhibition opening when traveling over 90 miles from Thomasville, GA. Artists will receive 70% for the sale of any artwork.
- Emerging artists whose body of work includes critical thinking
- Independent curator projects that provide a conceptual or theory based framework
- Exhibits that encourage experimentation through creation
- Dynamic, interactive projects that challenge the standard exhibition format
- Public art projects that invoke conversation and creative thinking
Please submit your proposal via our Typeform.
- Website (optional)
- Description of the proposed project.
Materials Requested for a group or curated exhibition…
A preliminary artist list (6 – 10 artists), accompanied by one work sample (image or video link) and a one sentence description per artist. The list should be formatted in a Microsoft Word or PDF document. Submit information to email@example.com.