CALL FOR PROPOSALS
Featured Image: Meghan Holmes
Request for Curatorial Proposals | 2021-22
Thomasville Center for the Arts is currently seeking exhibition proposals for its 2021-22 season. We invite curators, artists, collectives, and thinkers of all kinds to submit preliminary ideas for thought-provoking exhibitions to be exhibited in our multi-disciplinary art venue. Exhibitions may last from 3 to 4 months. Letters of inquiry (LOI) are due by June, 2021, and those of interest will be invited to submit a full proposal. Selected exhibitions will be scheduled between July 2021 – June 2022.
Exhibition budgets include signage, labels, opening reception, marketing, and housing when traveling over 90 miles from Thomasville, GA. Artists will receive a 70% for the sale of any artwork.
TCA Exhibitions support
- emerging artists whose body of work includes critical thinking
- independent curator projects that provide a conceptual or theory based framework
- exhibits that encourage experimentation through creation
- dynamic, interactive projects that challenge the standard exhibition format
- public art projects that invoke creative thinking
Please submit your letter of inquiry via our Typeform.
- Website (optional)
- Please provide a description of the proposed project. List two past EFA Project Space exhibitions that interest you, and explain why (200 words)
The following materials are required and must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org to complete your letter of inquiry:
- A preliminary artist list (6 – 10 artists), accompanied by one work sample (image or video link) and a one sentence description per artist. The list should be formatted in a Microsoft Word or PDF document.
- Curator’s CV